Monday, December 23, 2013

A Story of Faith

So...yesterday I posted a story about the Pope in which he declared that all religion is valid and worthy of inclusion. I found it amazing that a world leader, "the voice of God", and arguably the most powerful religious figure in the world would substantiate a philosophy that would give such great hope for peace and understanding in our lifetime. Something (I feel) is sorely missing in the world we live in.

Today, it was made clear that the article was unsubstantiated......a fraud.. a satire of the Pontiffs philosophies… and yet… as my friend pointed out, isn’t it wonderful that in a short amount of time we could believe that this man had made such a statement? I love a pilgrimage to see the Virgin Mary’s image in a slice of toast, I admire the disciple much more than the cynic (for I myself can be most cynical), and yet I still allow that wonderful nebulous hope to enter my soul. You can either, butter that toast, eat it and feed yourself only, or allow that “miracle” to nourish many and give great hope. (I have read this analogy somewhere before, with loaves and fishes) I for one, prefer to believe in miracles. It is miraculous that the race has not become so overrun with bitterness and pessimism that we can still believe in the divine reaching out through sourdough and rye.

It is neither the bread nor the vision that is important. It is those who believe in the miracle that foster my own beliefs. I do not care if it is a fraud.

I do not.

I have seen in other homes, a crèche, with a baby king and a virgin mother. An angel is on high, and around it are wise men and shepherds who traveled by starlight. Is that for real? I can’t say, but I do know that it gives hope to many, gives hope to me, and the very thought of it restores my faith. And I totally love that.

I admire those who are of great belief, even if those beliefs are not my own. This fraud has only given me MORE hope for the good the Pope has done. Love a believer, always have, and always will. That is called faith, brother. And that is all that God (in any form) requires. I will someday have grandchildren, and I would like for the world to be a better place for them. I believe in this possibility. I must. I want for them a bakery full of deity toast. Oh! The smell of it!

I will not feel foolish for rejoicing in the fact that there is a world leader who is restoring my faith in humanity. I will not.

I will happily stand with the faithful. They have the tastiest and most nourishing of baked goods.
Merry Christmas to all, and God bless us every one.

I read this on facebook, and thought it was a Great Message. I thank you for all that is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment