Monday, November 17, 2014

Five Steps ....Instructions by Paul



Be on your guard: stand firm in the faith; be men of courage, be strong.  Do everything in love.     1 Corinthians 16:-13

Lord, Today I pray according to Paul’s instruction to new believers who felt pulled in every direction by the culture around them.  I want to be true to You, and to express Your true-ness  all day long.  

Be on your guard - Show me, Lord, the influences, distractions, or downright attacks that could pierce my spirit or get me off track from this spiritual adventure with You.
Stand firm in the faith - Help me remember today the unchangeable truths I’m building my life on: God is real; God is loved; God is life; God has requirements; I can’t reach or please God on my own, but in Christ, God has made a way back to Himself.
Be people of courage - You’ve made me with feelings that fly one way, then another, then hang limp like the flag at the courthouse. Show me when to trust, and when to distrust, my feelings today.  Help me to act brave even when I don’t feel it.
Be strong - Help me reach for Your promised strength today.  Keep me from compromises that weaken my commitment and sabotage my success.  Put Your shield of spiritual safety around me.
Do everything in love - Yes, everything.  But how? ONly by Your presence, which is Love, reaching beyond the stingy limits of my own inclinations today.  Oh, especially help me to love, Lord!  
In Your name I pray. Amen.

Praying The Bible for Your Life...David Kopp


Blessings,

Rev. Martha Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment