Thursday, February 6, 2014

Simple Joy

Today I had the best time with a very special person in my life.  She is 16 years old and her first Valentine’s Dance at school is coming soon.  I  had the joy to take her to look for a dress.  I was just watching how much joy she had anticipating this evening with her boyfriend.  I remembered when I was young and looking forward to the first date the first dance and my first driving lesson, my first car, all those things that are so exciting as a teenager.  
 
It is a simple joy in life that we are allowed to experience and to witness when we get older.  I am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to have children and teenagers in my life and to be with them hearing their stories, watching their excitement, going through their disappointments and healing and to see them growing into wonderful young men and women.  
We sometimes get caught in the busy of life and sometimes think we don’t have t time to just enjoy the present moment it is all we have and it is so important to allow ourselves to take in life and allow ourselves to feel these moments with joy, love and gratitude.
 
When my friends come to visit, I appreciate when they are staying focused in our conversation and not on the phone texting and answering every little beep.  We do not have a guarantee that we will see each other again and I personally don’t want to lose that moment with them.
 
I am in a stage of my life where I have learned to breath, to enjoy, to sit and listen and to accept that we are not guaranteed the next moment we have no idea what God has planned for us and therefore living as it is the most important time, and be present.  I have looked around and all I see is everyone texting,  using their ipods, iphones, laptops and not talking, laughing and being present with each other, multitasking.  We can not get these moments back and therefore, I choose to allow myself more time to be present here with those that choose to be in my life.  I thought I always did but, I want to be sure that I will I make a consciousness decision to spend quality time and know that each moment is the most important moment in my life at the time.
 
The past, God has blessed me with quality time with some of my dearest friends not knowing that God had plans for them to make their transition.  I was allowed personal time with them and left me with beautiful and wonderful memories.  It is the gift of the present moment and making it a time of quality and filled with friendship, truth., laughs, love ad joy.  I am so grateful for those times.  It has made me all too aware of how life is about what you have right now, not tomorrow and not what we had before, just right now.
 
I am a hugger, when my family and friends come in hugs for all, and at the end of the visit, hugs for all because I might not have the opportunity to hug them again.
 
I tell those who are in life, “love ya” when I finish texting, on emails and in person.,
I might not get to tell them again.  My parents actually lived that way and I am so thankful that was a part of my upbringing and I have followed their ways, they are good ways and loving ways...
 
To all those I love, thanks for being you and allowing me to be me with you.  Thanks for your hugs, calls, time together and the laughs and joy....Life is not about money, working and dying, it is about living in the present moment, showing up and bringing your light and love into all you have and all you are.  
 
Blessings, may the Light of God bring you peace and joy
Oneesha


No comments:

Post a Comment